Please join the USPTO Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) and Volunteer Alexandria for a Volunteer Fair on Thursday, August 27, 2015 from 11:30am – 1:30pm in the Madison Lower Atrium. Volunteering is a great way to enhance your leadership skills, meet new people, gain experience in new fields, and find personal fulfillment.
Participating organizations include:
Community Lodgings, Wright to Read, Alexandria Tutoring Consortium, Higher Achievement, Volunteer Alexandria, Casa Chirilagua, The Urban Alliance, Alexandria Department of Parks, Recreation, & Cultural Activities, Concerned Citizens Network Alexandria, Space of HER Own, Space of HIS Own, The Campagna Center, and RARE.
Todayat 4:00pm – 5:00 pm – Hispanic Heritage Month Salsathon
Come get your sweat on! SHPE’s Hispanic Heritage Month Salsa Class! FREE!!! @ Madison Building Lower atrium
Todayat 5:00pm – 7:30pm – Hispanic Heritage Month Happy Hour
Join SHPE-USPTO at celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month w/ a live DJ, Dancing and FUN! @ Madison Lower Atrium
BEER AND WINE OPEN BAR
Members $7, Non-Members $10
Attend the Salsa Class and get a $2 discount
October 6 – 31st – Coat Drive
SHPE-USPTO will have boxes at every lobby accepting any type of winter clothing donation.
The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE-USPTO) invites all employees to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month Thursday, October 2 from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. ET in the Madison Auditorium North on the Alexandria campus.
The keynote speaker will be the International Culinary Chef Giovanna Huyke.
Come in person or attend via Webex:
Event number: 640 146 499
Event password: 123456
SHPE-USPTO AND BIG SCHOOL SUPPLY DRIVE
Join your colleagues and help ensure that every child in Alexandria starts the first day of school with a backpack and school supplies. Donate school supplies to the Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) sponsored by the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE-USPTO) and PTO Chapter of Blacks in Government (BIG). Donations can be given to members of the SHPE-USPTO and/or PTO-BIG Executive Board or placed in boxes located in your building lobby from Tuesday, July 29 through Friday, August 22.
Please note that monetary gifts cannot be accepted.
If you have any questions, please contact us at SHPE@USPTO.gov or BIG@USPTO.gov.
Update: Call for volunteers! If you are available and interested in helping local students learn about STEM careers, college admissions and more, please volunteer on Thursday, November 31st any time between 5:30 – 8:00 PM. Help is needed in the following areas:
- Experiments: Experiments will have write ups that go along to guide the volunteers, so everything is completely explained. One person could volunteer to take the lead in each experiment. We will prepare a training kit that the lead volunteer can take to learn and then teach their volunteers. They will then lead the volunteers in the experiment on the night of the event. All these activities are really straightforward and need maybe a half-hour to read through to understand.
- Information Table: Provide general information about the even and help with registration.
- Speed Interviewing: Speed Interviews between professionals and students: Each person should have a different technical background. If interested, please tell us a little about your background (science/engineering field/work experience). 1 person will keep time and make sure that students switch tables to talk to different people.
- Guides: Help direct people and answer questions.
- Contact SHPE for more info!
The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers Foundation and the United States Patent and Trademark Office invite you to Noche de Ciencias (Night of Science) on November 21, 2013 from 5:30 – 8:00 PM. This event is free an dopen to students and parents/guardians.